Craving that Bob Evans mashed potato magic but short on time? Ditch the box and grab your Instant Pot! This easy recipe delivers creamy, fluffy, homestyle mashed potatoes in a fraction of the time. Think russet potatoes, melty butter, a touch of sour cream, and secret-weapon seasonings whipped to dreamy perfection.
Why You'll Love This Bob Evans Mashed Potato Recipe
If you're looking for an easy side dish to make for your next steak or roast dinner, than you'll love this these mashed potatoes. This simple one pot, no drain method only takes a few minutes to prepare using an Instant Pot.
Forget the boxed stuff and the lumpy, gluey disappointments! Enjoy our Instant Pot Bob Evans mashed potato recipe for creamy, fluffy, potato perfection. Here's why you'll be singing their praises from the rooftops:
- Homestyle Comfort in Every Bite: Remember those fluffy, buttery mashed potatoes from Bob Evans that melt in your mouth? This recipe captures that magic. Real potatoes, real cream, and real love create a side dish that's pure comfort food heaven.
- Creamy Perfection: Forget dry, gluey potatoes. This recipe uses a delicious blend of cream, butter, and seasonings to achieve the ultimate velvety texture. Each spoonful is a luxurious cloud of mashed potato goodness.
- Budget-Friendly Bliss: This recipe uses simple, affordable ingredients, making it a win for your wallet and your taste buds. No fancy truffles or caviar needed here - just pure, delicious potato satisfaction.
Ingredients For Copycat Bob Evan's Potatoes
- Russet potatoes - They cook up dryer, and make fluffy mashed potatoes. My second choice would be Yukon potatoes, and they make super creamy mashed potatoes.
- Butter, unsalted or salted.
- Garlic powder or crushed clove of fresh garlic.
- Milk for whipping potatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper to taste.
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes
Cook up these mashed potatoes using your Instant Pot, and keep the keep the heat in the cooker, not your kitchen! Mash, cream, or whip the potatoes with some butter, milk, and salt to taste. Finally, garnish with chives or parsley before serving.
Peel And Cook The Potatoes
- Peel the potatoes. If you like to leave a few bits of peel on, they give more flavor.
- Cut them into chunks and place in the Instant Pot.
Add Butter And Milk
- After depressurizing add the butter. You can add it whole and let it melt in, or in chunks.
- Next add the milk or sour cream.
Whip Potatoes And Serve
Garnish the mashed potatoes with some butter and chopped parsley on top of the mashed potatoes. These creamy mashed potatoes are a perfect side dish for your next holiday dinner, or family meal.
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions for these mashed potatoes are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Substitutions and Variations
You can use this Bob Evan's Original mashed potatoes recipe to make other Bob Evans variations also:
- Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Add two minced cloves of garlic to the Instant Pot with the potatoes and water. Mash with the potatoes after the cook.
- Bob Evans Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Potatoes - Add an additional ¼ cup of sour cream with the milk and the butter when making these mashed potatoes.
- Herb Mashed Potatoes - Add some fresh or dried thyme in the Instant Pot while cooking the potatoes.
- Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Mashed Potatoes - Mix in some shredded cheese during the final mashed potatoes whipping.
The Instant Pot not only reduces the time to cook food, but it contains heat and keeps the kitchen cool, especially in the summer.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin It For Later ⤵
Tips for Success
- No need to drain these potatoes like you would for a stove top boiled method. This makes these mashed potatoes even quicker!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Bob Evans mashed potatoes freeze excellently. Just seal them in a freezer safe container. Let them defrost in the refrigerator for about 24 hours so that they microwave evenly when reheating.
More Delish Ideas
Instant Pot Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes
- 6 large Russet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Clean, peel, and slice the potatoes into 2" chunks.6 large Russet potatoes
- Add the potatoes, water, and salt to the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and set the valve to pressurize.1 cup water, 2 teaspoon salt
- Turn the Instant Pot to High pressure and 10 minutes on the manual settings. The Instant Pot will require 7 to 10 minutes to pressurize before it starts cooking for the 10 minutes. (Note: 7 - 10 minutes to pressurize plus 10 minutes cook time).
- Once the 10 minute cooking time has elapsed, the Instant Pot will beep. Do a manual release, taking care to stay out of the steam release path.
- Add the butter and milk to the potatoes. Mix with a hand mixer either in the Instant Pot cook pot, or transfer them to a deep bowl to mix.½ cup butter (1 stick), ½ cup milk
- Mix until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning, and serve immediately.
- Be sure to put the 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot, as it is needed to get the pressure up to cook.
- These mashed potatoes freeze well, if you have any left overs that is!