Air fryer S'mores are that summertime treat you can have any time you crave them. In just a few minutes, you'll have perfectly cooked S'mores that are crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside.
Why You'll Love This S'mores Recipe
With an air fryer, you can have your S'mores without ever having to light a fire! All you need is an air fryer and some ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. A perfect treat any time of the year!
Ingredients To Air Fry S'mores
Only three easy ingredients! I bet you have the marshmallows and graham crackers on hand already. Just get the chocolate Hershey bars, and you are ready to go!
- Hershey's chocolate bars.
- Graham crackers
- Marshmallows, regular size or the new square shaped s'mores sized ones.
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Air Fryer S'mores
Do a test run with a few marshmallows in your air fryer. Look for the setting that gives you a nice toast as well as heats the marshmallow enough to be able to squish it down. You don't want the heat to be so hot that it browns the outside marshmallow surface, but leaves the inside 'raw' or uncooked.
You are aiming for a slightly melted marshmallow interior with a nicely toasted (you decide how toasted you like your marshmallow) outside.
Prepare Some Graham Crackers
Air Fryers vary a lot! Choose the setting that lets you get a medium brown on toast. Settings on Air Fryers vary also, but if yours has a temperature setting, you want 300 degrees F.
This is slow enough to not just brown the top of the marshmallows, but to start to make them soft inside also.
- Place two marshmallows on each Graham cracker square. Or one large square marshmallow if you are using the new S'mores shaped marshmallows.
Toast the Marshmallows
- Place your air fryer heat setting at 300 degrees F. They will be lightly brown in about 3 to 5 minutes. You can brown them darker if you like.
Add Chocolate Squares
Softened marshmallows are KEY to this step. Make sure your marshmallows are hot as well as browned, so that they melt the chocolate.
- Place half the Hershey' chocolate bar on top of the browned, hot marshmallows. Press down just a little so the marshmallow squishes out the sides some.
Top With Graham Crackers
- Top with a second graham cracker. The heat from the hot marshmallows will slowly soften the chocolate into a gooey delight.
You can make a tray of about 8 air fryer s'mores a larger air fryer that has slide in racks. Those air fryer models are a little like toaster oven profiles, with a window where you can see how brown the food is getting.
S'more's go with anything, but especially with milk and good company!
Substitutions and Variations
Try different type of chocolate bars for your s'mores:
- Cookies n Cream - Use the cookies & cream candy bars instead of Hershey's milk chocolate.
- Dark Deluxe - Use the Hershey's Dark chocolate bars instead of the milk chocolate.
- Chocolate Marshmallows - You can get marshmallows in a variety of flavors now days! Try the chocolate marshmallows instead of the plain white ones!
- S'mores Dip - crush a thin layer of the graham crackers into a small dish. Add the marshmallows, brown in the air fryer. Add chocolate bars or chips, and then add a top layer of crushed graham crackers. Place back in the air fryer until it is all melty. Serve with apple slices.
Equipment for Air Fryer S'mores
You will need an air fryer. It can be a small 2 quart basket drawer type or a snazzy 15 quart convection oven type of air fryer. The size only limits the quantity you make at one time.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My best recommendations for a variety of air fryers are:
- Chefman Air Fryer - 2 quart basket drawer
- Crownful Air Fryer - 7 quart basket drawer
- Instant Pot Air Fryer - 10 quart air fryer and convection oven.
- Ultrean Air Fryer - 12 quart convection oven style with multi cook features.
- Air Fryer Convection Oven - 13 quart air fryer & convection oven.
- Geek Chef Air Fryer - 24 quart multi tray, multi cooker.
Tips for Success
- Be sure to line your air fryer with aluminum foil for an easy clean up!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can use chocolate graham crackers, or the plain oatmeal cookies that are crisp.
More Delish Ideas
Air Fryer S'mores
- 2 graham crackers
- 1 Hershey milk chocolate bar
- 4 marshmallows (or two large square marshmallows)
- Break the graham crackers in half, so that they are squares.2 graham crackers
- Place the marshmallows on two squares of graham cracker each. These are the bottoms.4 marshmallows
- Place the marshmallow topped graham squares on the air fryer rack or bottom of your air fryer basket. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes at 350° F, or until the level of browning that you like is reached.
- Break the milk chocolate bar in half, so you have two squares of chocolate.1 Hershey milk chocolate bar
- Remove the basket or rack from the air fryer. Place a square of milk chocolate bar on top of each browned marshmallow square.
- Place the two remaining graham cracker squares on top of your milk chocolate topped graham so that you have a smores sandwich.
- Eat while warm and melty.
- Use a piece of parchment paper to toast your marshmallow topped graham crackers on, it will make clean up much easier!