This Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread takes the classic recipe to the next level with the addition of crunchy macadamia nuts.
The sweet bananas, pineapple, and rich macadamia nuts create a delightful combination of textures and flavors. This bread is the perfect way to bring a taste of the islands to your kitchen.
Why You'll Love This Pineapple and Banana Bread Recipe
This Hawaiian banana bread is more than just a sweet treat; it's a taste of paradise. Made with fresh, sun-ripened bananas, this bread is bursting with natural sweetness and banana flavor. The moist and tender crumb is enhanced with a touch of local honey and warm spices, creating a truly unforgettable experience.
- Delicious: The combination of sweet banana, moist crumb, and crunchy nuts is irresistible. This sweet, moist bread perfectly complements rich, aromatic coffee, making it a perfect after dinner or afternoon snack.
- Easy to make: The recipe uses simple ingredients and doesn't require any special equipment, making it perfect for bakers of all skill levels.
- Brings the tropics home: Add a touch of tropical sunshine to your Hawaiian banana bread with the addition of fresh pineapple. The sweetness and acidity of the pineapple complement the banana flavor perfectly, creating a delightful and refreshing twist on the classic recipe.
Whether you’re serving it as a snack or for dessert, this tropical quick bread and easy. It's bound to so popular you will need to make it in double batches.
Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread Ingredients
Banana nut bread is a classic, and this recipe takes it up a notch with the addition of pineapple and macadamia nuts.
- All purpose flour
- White granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Mashed banana
- Crushed pineapple
- Vegetable oil
- Macadamia nuts
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Pineapple Banana Nut Bread
This quick bread recipe is really easy. You will have it mixed, baked, and ready to serve in about an hour. This is a quick overview of the instructions, but the full recipe, ingredient amounts, and cooking time are located in the recipe at the bottom of this recipe page.
Make the Banana Nut Bread Batter
- Measure out all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, measure out all the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients.
Mix And Pour Into Baking Pans
- Mix the ingredients until the flour is blended in, and then stir in the chopped macadamia nuts.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a 4.5" x 8" loaf pan (I made a double batch).
Bake and Cool The Loaves
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes on a cake rack. Serve as slices, or with your favorite topping.
Enjoy this easy banana nut bread as a snack bread, or dress is up fancy with a spritz of whip cream. You can use a home whip cream dispenser or buy it in the aerosol at your grocery store.
Another serving suggesting is to sandwich two thin slices with either peanut butter or Nutella in between!
Substitutions and Variations
- You can substitute any nuts for this tropical Banana Nut Bread. You can also use chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Chocolate chips could be another option to toss in the batter also.
- Fresh or canned pineapple is fine to use, just drain the juice if using canned pineapple.
You can use a muffin pan, 9x13 cake pan, or bake in two 4.5 x 7.5 inch loaves like I did. The loaf pan makes this recipe easy to wrap and give as a gift or cut into slices for French toast too though.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Unless you have fresh pineapple on hand, use the canned, crushed pineapple in it's own juice.
- Make a double batch, pouring some of the batter into mini loaf pans. Freeze them for Holiday gift giving!
Frequently Asked Questions
The smaller mini loaf pans are about 6" L x 3.5" W x 2" H. For that size you would pour 2 pans and bake approximately 25 - 28 minutes at 350 °F.
Yes, just add another medium or large mashed banana.
More Delish Ideas
Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas fresh, mashed for 1 cup
- 8 oz pineapple or 1 cup fine chopped/food processed fresh pineapple
- ½ cup macadamia nuts or macadamia nuts
- Heat your oven to 350º F. Spray two 7" x 4.5" inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Stir the flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until blended.
- Measure the granulated sugar, light brown sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Blend in banana, pineapple, and vanilla.
- Mix in the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, just until blended. Stir in macadamia nuts. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes on a cake rack. Serve as slices, or with your favorite topping.
- Chopped pecans or or walnuts are fine if you don't have macadamia nuts.
- You can use fresh pineapple if you have it. Just pop it in a food processor and measure out 8 oz.
- If you bake in disposable mini loaf pans, you can freeze these for fabulous Holiday gift giving!