Our Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is the perfect pumpkin pie spice indulgence! This pumpkin bread is moist, pumpkin-y, and has a delicious cream cheese filling in the middle.
Why You'll Love Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread is a delicious and easy fall recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
The pumpkin bread is made with canned pumpkin, cheesecake filling, and spices, so it's simple to make and tastes great. Plus, this bread makes a great snack or breakfast treat.
- Easy to make: With simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, this pumpkin cream cheese bread is perfect for bakers of all skill levels.
- Creamy and decadent: The cream cheese filling adds a touch of richness and indulgence, making each bite a heavenly experience.
- Perfect for fall gatherings: This pumpkin bread is an ideal treat for Thanksgiving, Halloween parties, or cozy fall evenings at home.
- Why You'll Love Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread Ingredients
- How To Make Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
- Serving Suggestions
- Related Recipes
- Substitutions and Variations
- Storage and Reheating
- Tips for Success
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delish Ideas
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread Ingredients
Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix when making this pumpkin cream cheese bread.
Blend the flour and pumpkin pie spice blend together before adding to the wet ingredients so that the spices are evenly distributed.
- Cream Cheese - Use room temperature cream cheese.
- Sugar - Regular white granulated sugar.
- Eggs - Room temperature.
- Vanilla extract
- Orange zest
- Flour - All purpose.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin - Pure pumpkin puree.
- Pumpkin pie spice blend - Or ground cinnamon.
- Vegetable oil
- Walnuts - Chopped.
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions to make this pumpkin bread are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
You will need three mixing bowls, a large one for the dry ingredients, a medium sized bowl for the cream cheese mixture, and a small one for the pumpkin batter mixture.
Mix The Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- Mix the cream cheese (use softened cream cheese so the mixture isn't lumpy), sugar, egg, the flour, and vanilla for the Cream Cheese Filling portion in a mixing bowl. Cream them until smooth. The ingredient portions for the cream cheese filling are in the recipe card, separate from the pumpkin bread portion of the recipe.
- In a second mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together with whisk to distribute the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice evenly in the flour.
- The last bowl is for mixing the pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange extract, and vegetable oil together. Blend until creamy and smooth. Stir in the walnuts.
Layer Pumpkin Batter In The Loaf Pan
- Pour half the pumpkin puree batter into the loaf pan and smooth out. Next, spread the cream cheese spread in the pan, on top of the layer of pumpkin puree batter.
Bake The Pumpkin Loaf
- Pour the remaining pumpkin puree batter on top of the cream cheese layer, and gently spread out.
- Bake in a 325 F oven for 65 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before turning out of the baking pan. Set on a race to cool before slicing.
There are many ways to serve this cream cheese tunnel filled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread, including as a breakfast bread, a dessert bread, or even as part of an appetizer platter.
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, this Fall favorite quick bread is sure to be a hit!
Substitutions and Variations
- Pecans are a great substitution if you don't want to use walnuts when baking this cream cheese pumpkin sweet bread.
- Or, you can opt for nut free pumpkin bread!
Storage and Reheating
- After this pumpkin cream cheese quick bread cools, slice it.
- You can refrigerate it covered for up to a week.
- You can also freeze pumpkin bread for up to 6 months.
Tips for Success
- Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix when baking this quick bread.
- Set your bowl in one of your sink cavities so when you mix with the hand mixer, the splatter stays in the sink. Less clean up!
Frequently Asked Questions
Baking soda is a salt that makes food light and fluffy. If you don't have this ingredient at hand, use a baking soda substitute. Without it, your cake won't rise and can turn out flat.
More Delish Ideas
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
For Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flour
For the Pumpkin Bread Batter
- 2 cup flour
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Prepare the loaf pan with either butter or non stick spray. Set aside.
For The Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon of the flour, and one egg until smooth.8 oz cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon flour
For The Pumpkin Bread
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice blend.2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a small bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, orange zest, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add the chopped walnuts and stir to blend.1½ cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon orange zest, 1 cup pumpkin puree, ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 cup walnuts
- Add the blended dry ingredients to the pumpkin puree mixture and mix until combined. Spread half of the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture in the loaf pan next, spreading out evenly.
- Add the remaining pumpkin batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 323° F for 65 - 75 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven when done and set for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
- You can make this cream cheese filled pumpkin bread in a bundt pan, large loaf pan, or two small loaf pans. If making in two smaller loaf pans, adjust baking time to 45 to 50 minutes.