This copycat Chick-fil-A sauce recipe is perfect for dipping chicken nuggets, fries, or even using as a salad dressing, or sandwich spread. Easy to make, and tastes just like the real thing!
Make it from condiments already in your fridge for that Chick Fil A flavor home ready anytime!
What Is Chick Fil A Sauce?
Chick Fil A sauce is a popular condiment used at Chick Fil A restaurants. The sauce is a blend of several different ingredients, including barbecue sauce, honey mustard, and ketchup.
It can be used as a dipping sauce for fries as well as a sweet and savory dip for a vegetable platter. And, you'll be surprised at how much taste this sauce has compared to the store-bought version!
Why You'll Love Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce
Forget your Chick Fil A sauce in the drive thru? Then you will really love this copycat recipe! Whether you're dipping chicken nuggets, fries, or vegetables, this sauce is sure to please for all of these reasons:
- Easy to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a whisk.
- Tastes just like the real thing. If you love Chick-fil-A sauce, you will love this recipe.
- Great way to save money. Making your own sauce is much cheaper than buying it from Chick-fil-A.
- Versatile. You can use this sauce for dipping chicken nuggets, fries, vegetables, or even as a salad dressing.
- Crowd-pleaser. Everyone who has tried this sauce has loved it.
- Delicious and easy way to add flavor to your food.
Next time you're craving some Chick Fil A, skip the drive-thru and make your own sauce instead!
- What Is Chick Fil A Sauce?
- Why You'll Love Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce
- Chick Fil A Sauce Ingredients
- How To Make Chick Fil A Sauce
- Tips for Success
- Substitutions and Variations
- Serving Suggestions
- Storage Options
- Related Recipes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delish Ideas
- Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce Recipe
Chick Fil A Sauce Ingredients
Here's what you need to make homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce:
- Dijon or Yellow Mustard
- Barbecue Sauce (your favorite will work just fine)
- Lemon Juice
- Mayonnaise (use real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip or salad dressing)
How To Make Chick Fil A Sauce
Mix up all the ingredients and store in your refrigerator in a condiment container or small jar. If you use this sauce a lot, double the recipe so you have it on hand.
Put The Ingredients In A Bowl
You can make your own Chick Fil A sauce at home with just a few simple ingredients. Start by simply measuring the ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Measure the honey into the bowl.
- Add the Dijon mustard next.
- Choose your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
Whisk Together Until Blended
- Using a small whisk, blend all the ingredients until they are smooth and creamy. You can transfer your Chick Fil A sauce to a Condiment Squirt Bottle or a small jar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Tips for Success
- This sauce can be made up and put in a squirt condiment container and saved in your refrigerator door with the rest of your condiments for 3 months.
Substitutions and Variations
- Add more mayonnaise for a thicker sauce.
- For a sweeter sauce, add more honey.
- Add more lemon juice for a tangier sauce.
- For a smokier sauce, add more barbecue sauce.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicier sauce.
Use this delicious sweet and savory Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce on our Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Fries, Frozen Onion Rings In Air Fryer, with Fish & Chips, or on your next hamburger or Air Fryer Turkey Burgers.
You can also use it as a salad dressing, sandwich spread, or steak sauce. It's versatile and blends well with so many delicious foods.
- Store your homemade Chick Fil A sauce in a covered Ball canning jar, or use a condiment squirt bottle.
- Just keep it in the door of your refrigerator like you do mayonnaise or barbecue sauce.
- Do NOT freeze this recipe, as it will separate.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it is not as it has honey, which is animal based.
Hugh Fleming created it in the early 1980s for his Chick-fil-A store in Spotsylvania. The Free Lance-Star reported that Fleming never named the sauce and patrons referred to it as "that special sauce" or "Mr. Fleming's Sauce".
Considering this sauce contains mayonnaise, you should not freeze it. Freezing will only separate all the ingredients and make the sauce taste and look odd.
For the chick-fil-a sauce ingredients use a sugar free barbecue sauce, and a sweetener like Swerve or Allulose instead of honey.
More Delish Ideas
Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Add each of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl.½ cup honey, 4 tablespoon yellow mustard, ½ cup barbecue sauce, 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 cup mayonnaise
- Whisk using a small to medium sized wire whisk until all ingredients are blended.
- Serve with french fries, zucchini fries, or as sauce for your chicken sandwich.
- This sauce can be made up and put in a squirt condiment container and saved in your refrigerator door with the rest of your condiments.