Now you can make Longhorn Brussels sprouts at home. The seasoned and slightly sweet flavors are the perfect counterpart to the mild bitter notes in Brussel sprouts, and a great side for any meal.
You'll love this easy-to-follow copycat that tastes just like the savory restaurant version.
Why You'll Love This Brussels Sprouts Recipe
You can make Longhorn Brussels sprouts at home with this easy copycat recipe. All you need is some basic pantry ingredients and a baking sheet to roast them on. It's easy to make, and just as delicious as the ones you would order at the restaurant also!
- Easy to make: You don't need to be a chef to whip up these Brussels sprouts. Just a few simple steps and you'll have a restaurant-quality side dish on your table in no time.
- Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside: Nobody enjoys mushy Brussels sprouts. These are cooked to perfection, with a satisfying crisp to the outside and a tender, melt-in-your-mouth center.
- Versatile: These Brussels sprouts are the perfect side dish for any protein. Pair them with your favorite steak, chicken, fish, or even tofu. They're also great on their own as a snack or appetizer.
Longhorns Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
Look for fresh Brussels sprouts that don't have shriveled outer leaves. If they do, peel those older leaves off when you wash them. This way they won't get over crisp or burn.
- Fresh Brussels sprouts (do not use frozen)
- Garlic cloves, slivered
- Onion, any color, in thin slices
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Replicate Longhorn Brussels Sprouts
This copycat recipe is super easy. You will want to line a baking pan with aluminum foil, it will make for an easy clean up. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash and Season the Brussels Sprouts
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, peeling away old or wilted outer leaves. Trim the stems shorter. Sliver your garlic cloves and your onion. I use red onion for the pop of color.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss so the oil and seasonings coats the Brussels sprouts.
Oven Roast The Brussels Sprouts
- Spread the seasoned, olive oil coated Brussels sprouts onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the Brussels sprouts and vegetables out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside.
Season To Taste and Serve
- Remove from the oven, and using a spatula, transfer from the baking sheet to a serving bowl.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, or even garlic powder (if you want more garlic taste). Serve immediately.
Tips for Success
- For extra crispy Brussels sprouts, try cutting them in half or quarters. This will increase the surface area that comes into contact with the heat.
- If your Brussels sprouts are very large, you may need to blanch them before roasting. This will help them cook through evenly. To blanch, simply bring a pot of water to a boil, add the Brussels sprouts, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then drain and toss them with oil and seasonings before roasting.
- Get creative with your toppings! Roasted Brussels sprouts are delicious on their own, but you can also top them with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, balsamic glaze, or a fried egg.
This delicious, beautiful Brussels sprouts side dish is also perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any Holiday meal. It's fast and easy to prepare, with a major presentation impact.
- Save any leftover Brussels sprouts in a covered container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- These don't really freeze and reheat as good as when first made though.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fresh Brussels Sprouts roast up better because they have not been blanched like frozen Brussels sprouts. If you do use frozen, they will taste great, just not as firm on the inside after roasting.
Yes, you'll want to trim off the tough stem ends of the Brussels sprouts before using them. You can also peel off any loose or discolored outer leaves.
Don't overcrowd the pan. Make sure the Brussels sprouts are dry. Use high heat.
More Delish Ideas
Longhorn Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ onion, thin sliced any color
- 4 cloves garlic slivered
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and trim the brussels sprouts of any withered leaves. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onion slices, garlic slivers, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the brussels sprouts.4 tablespoon olive oil, 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, ½ onion, thin sliced, 4 cloves garlic, salt to taste, pepper to taste
- Spread the brussels sprouts out on the prepared baking tray. Place in the preheated oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Season and garnish with additional salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and butter if desired. Serve immediately.