Experience tender, flaky copycat Longhorns Salmon coated in a sweet maple bourbon glaze, cooked to perfection, and ready to rival any restaurant version.
Enjoy the flavors you love without the hefty price tag - all from the comfort of your kitchen.
Why You'll Love This Longhorn Salmon Recipe
You'll love our Longhorn Salmon copycat recipe for this popular dish from Longhorn Steakhouse.
The bourbon marinade takes just a few minutes to prepare, and only a few more to cook in your oven or air fryer.
Longhorn Salmon is a perfect weeknight meal, that takes just a few minutes to prep and cook! Cleanup is a snap also!
- Why You'll Love This Longhorn Salmon Recipe
- Ingredients For Longhorn's Bourbon Salmon
- How To Make This Copycat Salmon Recipe
- Tips for Success
- Substitutions and Variations
- Serving Suggestions
- Storage and Freezing
- More Seafood Recipes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delish Ideas
- Bourbon Glazed Longhorns Salmon
Ingredients For Longhorn's Bourbon Salmon
Fresh or frozen salmon is perfectly fine. Use Alaskan Salmon, Atlantic, Pacific, or any type of salmon you personally prefer. I had a combination of Wild Keta Salmon and Alaskan King Salmon filets.
Any type of Bourbon is perfect. I only had Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon, which is probably considered alcohol abuse since it's top shelf. No shame using well grade bourbon though!
- Salmon filets - Or Salmon Steaks, any kind.
Bourbon Marinade For Steakhouse Salmon
- Brown Sugar - Dark or light.
- Bourbon - any type you have on hand or purchase. The alcohol burns off, so if you are a non drinker, don't worry.
- Soy sauce
- Ginger - Fresh grated.
- Lime juice - Fresh squeezed.
- Garlic - Fresh, minced
- Black pepper - Coarse, fresh ground.
- Green Onions - Sliced scallions for garnish.
PRO TIP: Fresh Ginger often goes moldy in the refrigerator faster than we can use it. I have a tip from my mom. Cut the fresh ginger root into 1' or 2" chunks.
Pop in a zipper bag and freeze solid. When your ingredients list calls for fresh ginger, grate off one of the frozen chunks. Keeps your ginger longer, and it actually grates easier frozen!
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make This Copycat Salmon Recipe
Select a 6 to 8 oz piece of salmon per person. You can use frozen salmon in the freezer case, or fresh salmon in the seafood case.
Often, frozen salmon can be fresher than the salmon in the fresh seafood case, simply because it is flash frozen as soon as it is caught. It tends to be less expensive also.
Make The Sweet Bourbon Marinade
- Combine all the brown sugar and bourbon marinade ingredients into a zipper bag, or a dish that you can place a sealing lid on.
- Keep in the refrigerator to chill and marinate for at least 1 - 2 hours. You can set the salmon to marinate the night before also.
Air Fry, Grill or Oven Bake Longhorn Salmon
- Place rack on a baking tray. To make clean up super easy, line the baking pan first with aluminum foil. Spray the rack with non stick spray. This will keep the salmon skin or flesh from sticking as much.
PRO TIP: You can also air fry this Longhorn salmon filet recipe! Set the fillets on a lightly oiled air fryer grill. Set the temperature to 380F and the timer for 10 minutes.
Transfer Salmon To A Serving Platter
- Place the tray into your 400° preheated oven. Broil for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is browned and opaque. Remove, platter, and serve.
Tips for Success
Prepare your brown sugar bourbon marinade and let the salmon marinate overnight for optimum flavors. You can also prepare the marinade right before heading to bed.
Use non stick spray on your grill or baking rack. It will prevent the salmon skin or flesh from sticking.
Try to get pieces of similar size so they evenly.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can use any firm and flaky fish if Salmon is not to your liking. Branzino or Sable fish are good alternatives.
Both can be prepared while your Longhorns Salmon filets are baking or air frying. You can have all three on the table at the same time!
Add on a fresh green salad and Cinnamon Stewed Pears for dessert for a delicious family meal.
Storage and Freezing
- If you have leftover Longhorn salmon, store it in a covered container for up to three days.
- You can also save leftover salmon in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, place covered in the microwave and reheat for 1 minute. Check and continue with 30 second bursts to ensure you don't over cook the tender salmon fillets.
More Seafood Recipes
If you are making this Longhorn Steakhouse recipe to bake in the oven, you will want a baking tray with a rack to lift the salmon filets off the surface so any marinade can drain away.
If you're grilling the salmon, you will want a rack on your grill that has spaces closer together. It makes lifting salmon off the grill easier.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions
Calculate 7 to 8 oz of raw salmon for each person.
Atlantic Salmon, but you can use any type of salmon you prefer.
Yes! This Longhorns Steakhouse Salmon copycat recipe is perfectly suited for air frying! Set the temperature to 380F and the timer for 10 minutes.
The marinade! The brown sugar and touch of bourbon permeate the fatty tissue in the salmon, adding HUGE flavor!
More Delish Ideas
Bourbon Glazed Longhorns Salmon
- 4 8 oz salmon filets
Bourbon Glazed Salmon Marinade
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon bourbon
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh grated
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup green scallions minced
For Longhorn Salmon
- Prepare the Bourbon Marinade and plan to marinate the salmon at least 1-2 hours before cooking. You can do this early in the day, or the night before also.
- Preheat the oven and line your baking pan with aluminum foil. Place the rack on top. Spray with non stick spray. Coat a sheet pan with non stick spray.
- Remove the salmon filets from the marinade. Place the salmon fillets on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake at 400° F for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is browned and opaque.PRO TIP: You can also air fry this Longhorn Salmon recipe! Set the fillets on a lightly oiled air fryer grill. Set the temperature to 380F and the timer for 10 minutes. Air fryers cook faster than conventional ovens. Check after 8 minutes, as air fryers vary considerably. No need to turn the salmon fillets either!
For Bourbon Glazed Salmon Marinade
- Add the brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, fresh grated ginger, lime juice, minced garlic, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well. Pour into a zipper sealed bag, or a shallow dish that you can cover.4 tablespoon brown sugar, 4 tablespoon bourbon, 3 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon ginger, 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 3 cloves garlic, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Garnish with green scallions and lemon wedges, then serve.¼ cup green scallions
- Add the salmon and make sure the marinade coats all the pieces. Set in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 4 hours.4 8 oz salmon filets
- Prepare your marinade and let the salmon marinate overnight for optimum flavors. Just prepare right before heading to bed.
- Use non stick spray on your grill or baking rack. It will prevent the salmon skin or flesh from sticking.
- Try to get pieces of similar size so they cook up about the same time.
- Keep a chunk of ginger frozen in a container. It is SO much easier to grate it frozen than fresh. It will stay fresh longer and not wither or get moldy also!