Peanut butter cookies with Reeses Pieces combine the classic flavors of peanut butter with the fun and festive crunch of Reese's Pieces candies.
These peanut butter cookies are easily made, and sure to please everyone who tries them!
Why You'll Love This Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that everyone will love. The Reese's peanut candies add a fun and festive touch, and they make the cookies even more irresistible.
This Reese's Pieces cookie recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether you're baking for a special event or just looking for a quick and easy snack. A few more reasons why you'll love this recipe for Reese's Pieces cookies.
- Super Easy. The dough comes together quickly and are easily made, and the cookies are baked in about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Delicious. The cookies are soft and chewy, with a perfect balance of peanut butter and chocolate flavor. The Reese's Pieces candies add a fun and festive touch, and they make the cookies even more irresistible.
- Versatile. You can serve these peanut butter cookies plain, or you can get creative and add additional mix-in's, such as peanut butter chips or chopped nuts.
- Perfect for any occasion. Whether you're baking for Halloween event, or just looking for a quick and easy snack, these cookies are sure to please everyone who tries them.
For more amazing Halloween Party treat recipes see our Mummy Brownies, Monster Cookie Truffles, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake, Halloween Snack Mix, and Sweet and Sour Bat Wings. Your party guests will have a spooky time at your Halloween table with all the treats you'll have made!
- Why You'll Love This Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Peanut Butter with Reese's Cookies Ingredients
- How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies With Reese's Pieces
- Serving Suggestions
- Related Recipes
- Substitutions For These Cookies
- Popular Variations For Peanut Butter Cookies
- Tips For Success
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Delish Ideas
- Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter with Reese's Cookies Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Butter - Softened to room temperature.
- Granulated white sugar
- Light Brown sugar
- Peanut Butter - Creamy or chunky, your choice.
- Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Candies
- Vanilla extract
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions to make this cookies recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies With Reese's Pieces
Peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces are an easy and delicious cookies combo that will please any peanut butter and chocolate lover.
With just a few simple ingredients and a bag of Reese Pieces candies, these cookies can be whipped up in no time! Plus, they're just perfect during the Fall and Halloween season!
You can use either creamy or chunky peanut butter. I always opt for the chunky, as I love little bits of peanuts mixed into my baked cookies.
Cream The Butter And Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
- Next, add the egg and the vanilla. Mix well until a little fluffy in texture.
Stir In The Peanut Butter
- Add your room temperature peanut butter. Mix in really well.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, and the salt to the flour and blend well.
Mix In The Flour And Form The Cookie Dough
- Add the flour to the sugar and egg mixture, mixing well after each small addition.
- Using a spatula, pull the dough together so that it is a ball and no flour remains.
Form The Peanut Butter Cookies
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 equal sized balls, placing about 2" apart on a cookie sheet.
- Press down slightly using the tines of a fork on all the cookies. Place three Reese's Pieces on each cookie. Chill and bake.
Bake The Cookies Until Slightly Golden Brown
- Bake the chilled cookies and 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let cookies sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool. Enjoy!
Serve these Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies any time, but they are especially popular as treats for at Halloween.
Whether you are hosting a party for your children or contributing to an office party, these are fast and easy to make.
Serve these cookies any time, but they are especially popular as treats for at Halloween.
For more easy Halloween Party treats see our Mummy Brownies, Monster Cookie Truffles, Mummy Pigs in a Blanket, and Sweet and Sour Bat Wings. Your party guests will have a spooky time at your Halloween table!
Substitutions For These Cookies
- If you or a loved one has peanut allergies, just make the cookies with almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or even cashew butter instead. Follow the directions for making the cookies just the same otherwise.
- You can also mix mix in mini peanut butter cups instead of the pieces or chocolate chips.
Popular Variations For Peanut Butter Cookies
There are many variations you can try with this Reese's Pieces peanut butter cookie recipe.
- Instead of putting Reese's Pieces on top, try mixing in either butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or the Reese's Pieces and Mini Peanut Butter Cups mixture.
Tips For Success
- Remove the cookies from the oven even if you think they are not quite ready. They will continue to cook after you remove them.
- Use softened butter and peanut butter in this recipe.
- Chill the formed cookies for 30 minutes to firm up before cooking for best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes they do. With one caveat. Since you have Reese's candies on the top, let them defrost in the refrigerator first. This will control any condensation build up on the candies and prevent them getting sticky or bleeding color on the defrosted cookie dough.
Putting the hash marks in the cookie dough balls actually flattens them for more even baking.
More Delish Ideas
Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cup flour all purpose
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz Reese's Pieces
- Pre heat your oven to 350° F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend them together well. Set aside for later.1 ⅓ cup flour, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream your brown sugar, white granulated sugar, and butter with a hand mixer. Mix in the egg and the vanilla extract. Combine well.½ cup butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup light brown sugar, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the peanut butter to the sugar and egg mixture. Blend well.¾ cup peanut butter
- Using your hand mixer, add the blended flour ingredients into the sugar, egg, and peanut butter mixture. Mix in well after each addition. When it gets thick, switch to a spatula.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl clean, forming a ball of dough. Scoop out into 24 equal size scoops and form each into a ball. Using fork tines, flatten to ½" tall discs.
- Place three Reese's Pieces candies on each cookie, pressing into the cookie gently. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 15. Remove chilled cookies and bake 8 to 9 minutes.4 oz Reese's Pieces
- Let sit to cool before transfering to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Remove cookies from the oven even if you think they are not quite ready. They will continue to cook after you remove them.
- Use softened butter and peanut butter for this recipe.
- Chill the formed cookies to firm up before cooking.
- You can use peanut butter chips instead of the chocolate chips.