Mummy pigs in a blanket is a classic party food that is always a hit with guests. This is a super easy recipe that even your children will have fun helping you with this Halloween season.
Why You'll Love Halloween Mummy Mini Dogs Recipe
This Halloween themed crescent roll appetizer is just too easy not to make for the kids, young and old. It's quick, easy, and forgiving, because the mini mummy dogs don't really care how fancy you wrap them. It's a perfect October project.
Mummy Dogs - Mini Pig In a Blanket Ingredients
You'll use a refrigerated tube of Crescent Rolls and some mini hot dogs or sausages to make mini Halloween hot dogs.
- Mini Hot Dogs or Sausages
- Crescent Roll dough (One tube makes 20 mummy dog appetizers, so grab two if you want to make all the crescent wrapped mummies up in the mini hot dog or sausage package).
- Yellow Mustard - To garnish the mini mummy dogs with 'eyes'.
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions these delicious Halloween mini hot dogs are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make Mummy Wrapped Pigs in a Blanket
Halloween mummy hot dogs are a fun and easy Halloween recipe that everyone will love. This crescent mummy hot dogs recipe is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. Your little ones will be excited to help you make these cute and spooky October treats!
Prepare the Crescent Dough
- Pop out the dough from the tube and spread it out on a clean surface and pinch the perforations together to make a solid sheet of dough.
- Using a pizza cutter, make twenty strips across and one cut down the center for 40 strips of dough.
Wrap the Mummy Dogs Up
- Dry the mini hot dogs or cocktail sausages off, and wrap each one with a strip of dough.
- Wrap the dough around each of the hot dogs so that it looks like haphazard mummy bandages.
Bake and Garnish The Mummy Mini Hot Dogs
- Bake the crescent dough wrapped mini hot dogs, then transfer to a cooling tray when they are browned.
- Use a toothpick to garnish each of the mummies with two mustard eye's.
Kelly's Personal Notes
These ghoulish mini hot dogs are so adorable at Halloween. If you're hosting a Halloween party for 'tweens' or teens, they'll inhale these little guys.
Serve your Halloween mini pigs in a blanket at your next Halloween or October gathering, or just as a fabulous breakfast surprise for your kids! Your party guest will have a fun and festive Halloween themed party spread with these cute Halloween pigs. See more of our Halloween recipes:
- Monster Cookie Truffles
- Mummy Pigs in a Blanket
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Halloween Candy Apple Slices
- Halloween Orange Sherbet Punch
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies
Full ingredient amounts and preparation instructions these Halloween mini hot dogs are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Storage & Reheating
- Freeze these before cooking and you can just pop them in the oven after defrosting.
- Refrigerate any serve any leftover hot dog mummies in a covered container for up to 3 days.
Tips for Success
- Don't try to overthink the wrappings. The dough is going to rise when baking, so while the hot dogs might look a little naked with one dough strip, after cooking the mummy dogs will look fabulous.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use your favorite hot dogs, but it's important to choose a size that is small enough to be wrapped in the crescent dough. Mini hot dogs, also known as cocktail sausages or Lil' Smokies, are a popular choice for this recipe.
Yes, you will probably need to slice the crescent dough into longer strips though.
Yes, you can make the mummy dogs ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Simply wrap the tray tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator..
More Delish Recipes
Mummy Mini Pigs in a Blanket
- 12 oz mini hot dogs or mini sausage
- 2 tube Crescent Roll dough
- 1 tablespoon Yellow mustard garnish
- Spread out the crescent roll dough on a clean, flat surface.2 tube Crescent Roll dough
- Pinch the seams together. Cut the dough into thin strips with a pizza cutter.
- Wrap each of the mini cocktail sausages with a strip of the crescent dough. Wrap haphazardly so it looks like messy bandages and there is a space for eyes to peek out of at the top. Repeat for rest of dough. You may need to use a second can of dough if you want more than 24, as you will have left over sausages.12 oz mini hot dogs
- Place your mini mummy pigs in a blanket in a 9 x 13 baking pan, with about 1" apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes each, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Transfer your Mummy Pigs in a Blanket onto a cooling rack or serving tray.
- Using a toothpick, add mustard dots for eyes if desired. Serve with your favorite sauce.1 tablespoon Yellow mustard
- Don't try to overthink the wrappings. The dough is going to rise when baking, so while the cocktail sausages might look a little naked with one dough strip, after cooking they will look fabulous.